Welcome to Mistik Acres.

We hope you are able to form a connection with us, and the products we grow and produce on the land we live and work with.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pictures



Our first Passion Flower bloom.

Last fall I dug up all the Passion Flower vines I had growing throughout the gardens.  One of the plants I cut back and brought indoors and let it grow in a south facing window all winter.  It did great and rewarded us with it's first flower a couple of days ago.  They are pretty spectacular.  The other plants were placed in our insulated, unheated garage. Unfortunately they did not survive the winter.  I am rooting cuttings to increase my volume of plants as I plan to use a lot of vines in my floral arrangements this summer.  






The above are the floral arrangements I created at week 2 & 3 of the Floral Design Class.
The first photo is a Naturalistic Japanese Garden (modern twist on Ikebana).
The second photo we were to create a Crescent shaped arrangement.
The classes are proving to be very challenging, but I am loving working with fresh flowers again.


At this time we are busy seeding, transplanting and potting up tubers and bareroot plants we are receiving from our orders we placed in December of 2012.  The weather is still very cold for this time of year so we have not opened up the greenhouses yet.  All of the seedlings are under grow lights in the basement and garage.  Eventually we will run out of room and we will have to start using the greenhouse.  Should have enough room for another week or two, then the hardier plants will be moved out.


Few more photos taken by Memories by Mandy from the 2012 growing season....


Crocosmia Limpopo


Gomphrena  Fireworks



Zinnia Zahara Rose


Dahlia Fuschiana

No comments:

Post a Comment